WAYS TO SAVE PAPER AND SAVE MONEY
WORKPLACE PAPER/MONEY SAVING TIPS
- Post reminders to staff to think about saving paper.
- Set computer and copier defaults to print double-sided.
- Reduce the default width of margins in Microsoft Word
- Put reports and forms online rather than producing printed versions.
- Use lower weights of papers.
- Invest in new technology such as duplex printers and company intranets.
- Seek more efficient design of products and packaging.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
4 STEPS TO PAPER EFFICIENCY
- Make paper use efficiency a company priority and identify a champion to lead the effort.
- Carry out an audit of paper procurement and use. Examine your office and production routines.
- Identify opportunities for easy savings by encouraging and rewarding ideas from staff and partners.
- Calculate environmental savings using the paper calculator and celebrate them.
FIND OUT MORE
Use the Paper Calculator to add up and report the natural resource savings of your initiatives.