WAYS TO SAVE PAPER AND SAVE MONEY
WORKPLACE PAPER/MONEY SAVING TIPS
- Post reminders to staff to think about saving paper.
- Set computer and copier defaults to print double-sided.
- Reduce the default width of margins in Microsoft Word
- Put reports and forms online rather than producing printed versions.
- Use lower weights of papers.
- Invest in new technology such as duplex printers and company intranets.
- Seek more efficient design of products and packaging.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
4 STEPS TO PAPER EFFICIENCY
- Make paper use efficiency a company priority and identify a champion to lead the effort.
- Carry out an audit of paper procurement and use. Examine your office and production routines.
- Identify opportunities for easy savings by encouraging and rewarding ideas from staff and partners.
- Calculate environmental savings using the paper calculator and celebrate them.
FIND OUT MORE
Top Ten Tips for Reducing Paper Use, from the European EPN
Use the Paper Calculator to add up and report the natural resource savings of your initiatives.