Maximise Recycled Fibre Content
- Maximise recycled fibre content in all grades of paper and paper products, maximise post-consumer fibre content, and develop additional 100% recycled paper products.
- Minimise waste by maximising reusability and recyclability in appropriate products.
- Proactively support recycled paper manufacturing, including improved collection systems of recyclable paper.
- Increase the use of other recovered materials (e.g., sustainably grown and harvested agricultural residues and post-industrial recycled) as fibre sources in paper.
- Rarely manufacture paper solely from virgin tree fibre.
- Maximise fibre efficiency through product design and lowering basis weights of paper, whenever possible.
- Eliminate incentives that favour use of natural resources over reused or recycled resources or that favour disposal or incineration over recycling.
News and Resources Related to Reducing Consumption
As a growing number of manufacturers seek to meet the growing market for environmental papers and packaging, Canopy launched its updated Ecopaper Database today. The much-anticipated 2017 iteration of this online resource features more than 450 printing and writing...
EMERYVILLE, CA, Jan 26, 2017 – An innovative Product Category Rule (PCR) specifying rules for Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) focused on wood and paper has been developed by the North American Environmental Paper Network (EPN), an independent not-for-profit coalition with...
For Immediate Release Boston, Vancouver, October 8, 2015 – Today at Sustainable Brands’ New Metrics conference, New Leaf Paper released a new Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) revealing significant environmental benefits of Reincarnation (100% PCW recycled coated paper) over...
Canopy’s New Guide for Business Ranks North American Printers on Forest Sourcing and Sustainability Performance
International environmental not-for-profit, Canopy, has released a report that profiles the environmental performance of North America’s largest printers at Sustainable Brands, a conference where major print customers are gathered. “The Blueline Report 2015: North...