Ensure Clean Production
- Use the best possible technology to minimise the use of water, energy, chemicals and other raw materials.
- Use the best possible technology to minimise solid waste, thermal pollution and emissions to air and water.
- Eliminate toxic mill discharges and waste.
- Eliminate the use of chlorine and chlorine compounds for bleaching.
- Ensure production systems do not hinder equitable use of water, the quality of water or local food production. Nor should such systems jeopardise environmental services or ecosystem assets.
News and Resources Related to Reducing Consumption
As a growing number of manufacturers seek to meet the growing market for environmental papers and packaging, Canopy launched its updated Ecopaper Database today. The much-anticipated 2017 iteration of this online resource features more than 450 printing and writing...
Introducing a webinar and discussion document about why the paper industry needs a 'detox'. Back in the 1990s there was intense debate and campaigning to stop the toxic pollution caused by the pulp and paper industry. The root cause of the pollution were the chemicals...